Sorry, this job has expired.
Johnan American is now hiring a Japanese Interpreter.
As an Interpreter you will perform written and oral interpretation and translation for Japanese and English-speaking employees.
• BS/BA in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field.
• 3-5 years of translation or related experience.
• Experience in translating for the engineering and logistics field preferred.
• Experience working in a manufacturing plant is preferred.
• Must agree not to disclose any confidential information obtained through the translation/interpretation activities.
• Provide consecutive or simultaneous translation between Japanese and English in meetings and for on the spot situational dialogues.
• Review material before meeting.
• Translate documents incoming and outgoing to Johnan America, Johnan Japan, and subsidiaries.
• Translate technical documents for the Production Control, Quality, Manufacturing, HR, and Engineering departments.
• Ensure correct grammar, language usage, and consistent presentation of names and acronyms.
• Communicate and consult with work originators.
• Utilize and maintain glossary database.
• Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of the firm's structure, key personnel and organization policies and procedures.
• Plant projects (kaizen) presentation, data entry, and overall plant support.
• Assist quality, engineering, and human resource departments.
• Assist plant management (including PC and MFG).
• Ability to speak and write fluently in Japanese and English.
• Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office suite).
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.