Tool and Die Worker
$27.26 – $30.50
Johnan America, Inc. is a small auto part manufacturer of Window Regulators suppling Honda, Nissan & Subaru. Johnan is looking for individuals wanting to be a part of a family environment to help re-build and produce the best product possible.
We are now hiring a Tool and Die Worker.
• Great hourly rates
• After 90 days start accruing vacation time up to 10 days within your first year.
• 401(k) retirement: Johnan will match .50 cents on the dollar up to a 6% employee contribution.
• Employee luncheons: On the first Tuesday of each month we will provide lunch for everyone.
• Attendance awards: Employees can earn up to an additional 3 days’ vacation per year.
• Wellness program: Receive up to $650 per year just for participating in the Johnan Wellness Program you can also win 6 months free gym membership.
• Service awards
• Holiday bonus
• Company shirts provided
• Company Events: Family Fun Day & Annual Christmas Party
As a Tool and Die Worker you can expect to:
• Perform complex and specialized tasks relating to machining and die repair.
• Work from drawings using considerable ingenuity in building or repairing specialized tools.
• Operate various machines such as lathes, mills, drills, grinders, shears, and presses.
• Design temporary fixtures needed to produce experimental parts and give advice or assistance to tool design.
• Perform general maintenance on production machines and maintain dies and molds to produce quality parts under limited supervision.
• 2 years college certification or equivalent as a machinist or die maker with 3-5 years of experience.
• Experience with CNC, die making, mold making and maintenance.
• Experience in a factory setting preferred.
• Welding experience with Mig, Tig and Stick.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Must be team-oriented.
• Must be able to accept change and require little or no supervision.
• English language required.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Maintain dies and molds.
• Maintain production lines.
• Reface resistance tips on welders.
• Build and repair specialized tools from drawings and blueprints.
• Operate machinist power tools and equipment.
• Fabricate and design fixture and assist in tool design for experimental parts.
• Perform necessary preventative maintenance.
• Stock tool crib.
• Keep accurate products data and records as required.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Assist in operating progressive stamping press machine and all auxiliary equipment with minimum supervision.
• Assist in operating mold machines.
• Operating overhead crane.
• Unloading steel from trucks when needed.
• Participate in LEAN manufacturing.
• Participate in Kaizen activities.
• Conduct inventory.
• Assist engineers with manufacturing issues.
• Assist with design change.
• Assist in set up of new equipment.
• CNC programmer
• Auto Cad
• Mill, lathe, grinder
• Mathematical competency – for machinist.
• Blueprint reading, mill, lathe, grinder skills necessary.
• Ability to stand, bend, twist, push/pull, grasp and continuously walk. • Ability to lift and grasp.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.