Quality Assurance Engineer
Sorry, this job has expired.
Johnan America Inc. has now enjoyed 17 years of production in Bardstown, KY. Now, as always, we are a company on the move, supplying Subaru, Honda, Nissan, and Mitsubishi with window regulators and other functional part assemblies. We stay dedicated to our Quality Policy: “Customer satisfaction through continuous improvement.”
We’re currently hiring a quality assurance engineer.
As the quality assurance engineer, you can expect to:
• Act as a liaison between our customers, JAI and suppliers to ensure customer and JAI quality initiatives are met.
• Coordinate and complete control plans, inspection standards, work instructions, PPAP (Production Parts Approval Process) and other customer, JAI or AIAG required documentation.
• Satisfy all internal and external customer expectations related to product quality.
• Quality documentation for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Satisfy customer expectation to PPAP submittals and problem resolutions.
• PPM and defect flow out reduction/prevention.
• Work within the written policies and procedures of JAI.
• Support Production or other departments as directed.
• Help maintain ISO / TS 16949 certification.
• Visit customers and suppliers as directed.
• Participate in Kaizen activities.
• Promote a professional and team oriented work environment.
• Two-year college degree or equivalent automotive experience with an emphasis on quality systems.
• Preparation of PPAP in compliance with AIAG manuals, JAI and customer specific requirements, ISR’s (Production Parts Approval Process / Initial Sample Report), control plans, PFMEA’s (Process Failure Modes & Effect Analysis), and inspection standards.
• Proficient in the writing and implementation of quality procedures and work instructions.
• Proficient in use of quality measuring instruments (CMM is a plus)
• Proficient with ISO / TS 16949 concepts and quality disciplines with a focus on defect prevention.
• The understanding and ability to complete process capability studies.
• Familiar with various problem solving techniques.
• Valid driver’s license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language & Communication Skills
English language required. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Accuracy – must be detail-oriented in all document preparations.
• Using proper methods in maintenance of quality documentation.
• Computer proficiency in Excel and Word.
• Demonstrate organizational skills.
• Facilitate the analysis process when problem solving.
• Precision while using quality measuring instruments.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Able to read blueprints.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and manipulate office equipment. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics of an office and manufacturing plant are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent use of computer.
• Frequent use of office equipment, fax, and scanner.
• Measuring instruments.
• Metrology equipment.
• Data and reports.
At Johnan America, we consider our associates to be our greatest competitive advantage. For 17 plus years, our associates have helped propel us to a market leadership position by designing innovative technology, manufacturing high-quality products and delivering world-class products to customers. This has built a foundation for continued growth and profitability and positioned us to be a leading provider of quality automobile parts well into the future. We are also developing a strong relationship with our sibling company Johnan de Mexico as we grow our North American business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.