Johnan America Inc. has now enjoyed 17 years of production in Bardstown, KY. Now, as always, we are a company on the move, supplying Subaru, Honda, Nissan, and Mitsubishi with window regulators and other functional part assemblies. We stay dedicated to our Quality Policy: “Customer satisfaction through continuous improvement.”
We’re currently hiring a machine specialist.
Under limited supervision, you will be responsible for operating molding machines and producing pre-assembly parts for the production line. Adjustments and set-up are of a routine nature. Tolerances are normally close. Produces a variety of molded parts.
Excellent benefits & pay!
• High school diploma or GED.
• Above-average math skills.
• Willing/able to adjust schedule as needed (no long term shift re-assignments, however).
• Willing/able to work overtime with little or no notice.
• Able to pass mechanical aptitude test.
• Must be detail-oriented and pay attention to quality.
• Keep detailed records.
• 1-6 months molding experience preferred.
• Blueprint reading.
• Basic Metrology.
• Basic PC applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Change over equipment and ensure quality of product.
• Make changes in prescribed operating conditions as necessary to produce quality products.
• Inspect dies visually, assign preventative maintenance if necessary.
• Perform necessary preventative maintenance.
• Perform necessary test and measurements to assure product meets required specifications.
• Keep accurate product data and records as required.
• Correct or adjust any machine malfunction immediately to ensure continuity of production and quality of next process.
• Report any major machine malfunction immediately to supervisor.
• Continually inspect products while performing other duties.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Assist press operator when needed.
• Assist in unloading of steel from trucks.
• Participate in LEAN manufacturing.
• Participate in Kaizen activities.
• Notify supervisor of quality discrepancies.
• Conduct inventory.
Experience in a factory setting preferred.
Accuracy in record-keeping, following directions, adaptability, team – oriented, able to accept change and require little or no supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Experience in a factory setting preferred.
• 1-6 months molding experience preferred.
• Must be able to keep detailed records and demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
• Accuracy – must be detailed oriented.
• Mathematical competency - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Computer skills (Windows).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, twist, push/pull, grasp and walk. Also includes lifting, push/pull, and grasping. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Johnan America, we consider our associates to be our greatest competitive advantage. For 17 plus years, our associates have helped propel us to a market leadership position by designing innovative technology, manufacturing high-quality products and delivering world-class products to customers. This has built a foundation for continued growth and profitability and positioned us to be a leading provider of quality automobile parts well into the future. We are also developing a strong relationship with our sibling company Johnan de Mexico as we grow our North American business.
APPLY TODAY - Email your resume or apply in person!
1. EMAIL: Fill out the quick apply form, attach resume.